NEW Bronze Casting Workshop
with Kate Ive
Saturday & Sunday 8, 9 June, 10am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday 22, 23 June, 10am – 1pm
Cast a small handheld sculptural object in bronze in this exciting new casting course.
Over two weekends you will be guided through the complexities of the ceramic shell process in order to cast a small handheld sculptural object in bronze. This process, which using layers of liquid ceramic applied to the original wax object, gives the opportunity to create incredibly fine detail, difficult to achieve with other metal casting processes.
During the final session you will observe the melting and pouring of bronze at close quarters and assist in breaking out your mould and finishing it.
The course takes place over the following dates, taking you through the whole process over the sequence of days:
Saturday & Sunday, 8,9 June, 10am – 4pm
Saturday 22 June, 10am – 1pm
Sunday 23 June, 10am – 1pm
This course is suitable for artists, students and others who are interested in learning a specialised new skill and creating an artwork in the process.
Who teaches it?
- Kate Ive
- Award winning Edinburgh-based artist.
- Graduated from Edinburgh College of Art in 2008 with a degree in Sculpture BA (Hons)
- Experienced medallist who has produced an edition for the British Art Medal Society which is held in the British Museum
- She makes work for exhibitions, residencies and public art commissions
- Her artworks are recognized in public and private collections including the British Museum (London), Royal Mint Museum (Wales), the National Bank of Slovakia, University Museum of Bergen (Norway) and the Museo della Carta e Filigrana (Fabriano, Italy) kateive.co.uk