Relief carving in Lime Wood
20 October & 27 October 2018
10.00am – 4.00pm
Full Price: £195 Concession: £175.50
This 2 day course shows you how to hand carve a relief panel in locally sourced Lime Wood. Working on a piece of wood approximately A3 in size and 30mm thick. You will be guided through the process from transferring your design to carving in relief.
Who will the course be great for?
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of previous experience.
What level of experience do I need?
- Perfect for beginners or those with some experience who wish to further develop their skills.
Who teaches it?
- Marion Smith
- Studied Sculpture at Gray’s School of Art, Aberdeen
- Her practice centres on creating site-specific commissions
- Carving is predominant in her work, working with various materials such as granite, plaster and bronze.
- Highly experienced tutor running numerous workshops to complement exhibitions and inform commissions
- Elected Secretary of the Royal Scottish Academy of Art and Architecture in 2012.