Call for Applications
Deadline: 30 July 2018
Following the success of the last round of the ESW Technical Academy, we are now open for applications for early September 2018 start. 2x New Technical Academy Positions at ESW.
To be considered applicants must be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Show a commitment to learn technical processes and have a strong interest in sculpture either through their own practice or by displaying a good knowledge of contemporary sculpture.
- Be a graduate within the last three years from a Scottish University.
- Ideally live within the Edinburgh area
- Be able to commit to at least 30 days training and work at ESW with the possibility of additional hours dependant on budget.
- Be able to work flexible hours from Monday to Saturday over the course of the position.
The daily fee for Technician is £70, this includes holiday pay. You are not employed on a permanent basis by Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop and therefore you will be responsible for managing your own tax and national insurance. The daily rate applies to training days.
The training will last one year and will range from in depth tuition from ESW technical staff in the areas of wood, metal and mixed media to paid professional training – including certified first aid training as well as elements of workshop management and general workshop operations.
Additionally, the successful candidates will be able to access ESW facilities to develop their artistic practice upon consultation with the Technical Manager and Assistant Director.
After the completion of the training period an internal training document will be co-signed by the assistant director and the technical manager. The successful applicant will by this point have gained a range of technical and administrative skills that will equip them to pursue a career within the a technical sector of the arts industry.
Applicants must submit the a current CV – one side of A4 & Covering Letter stating why they would be an ideal candidate for the role–one side of A4 via email to Gordon@edinburghsculpture.org