What does the course cover?
You will learn techniques similar to those used in the production of coins and medals on this unique evening course. By the end of the course you will each produce a relief plaster sculpture measuring approximately 25cm.
Who will this course be great for?
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of previous experience
- People looking to learn techniques in clay modelling, plaster casting and engraving
- People who enjoy or benefit from individual focussed attention from the tutor
- All tools and clay included in course price
What level of experience do I need?
- Perfect for beginners or those with some experience who wish to further develop their skills
Who teaches it?
- Kate Ive
- Award winning Edinburgh-based artist.
- Graduated from Edinburgh College of Art in 2008 with a degree in Sculpture BA (Hons).
- Experienced medallist who has produced an edition for the British Art Medal Society which is held in the British Museum
- She makes work for exhibitions, residencies and public art commissions.
- Her artworks are recognized in public and private collections including the British Museum (London), Royal Mint Museum (Wales), the National Bank of Slovakia, University Museum of Bergen (Norway) and the Museo della Carta e Filigrana (Fabriano, Italy) kateive.co.uk