What does the course cover?
This 8 week course will introduce you to basic hand carving techniques for making a 3 dimensional carving in lime wood. The course is physical, fun and challenging!
Who will this course be great for?
- Beginners, intermediate, and advanced levels of previous experience
- People looking to develop their artistic skills
- People who enjoy or benefit from individual focussed attention from the tutor
- All tools and materials included in course price
What level of experience do I need?
- Perfect for beginners or those with some experience who wish to further develop their skills
Who teaches it?
- Birthe Jorgensen
- Graduated with BA Hons Sculpture from Central Saint Martin’s College of Art (2003) and the MLitt Sculpture from Glasgow School of Art (2013).
- Worked as a Live Visual Artist in the interdisciplinary company Apocryphal Theatre in London and worked as a lecturer in the Sculpture and Environmental Art department.
- She has exhibited widely, and is currently a long term artist in resident with Glasgow Refugee Asylum and Migration Network (University of Glasgow) birthejorgensen.com