ESW/ECA Graduate Residency: Applications Open
Deadline – Monday 12 June 2023 at 5pm
The 2023 ESW/ECA Graduate Residency the programme is now open to applications. If you will graduate from ECA in 2023 and need support to help you establish your career and develop your practice then you are eligible to apply.
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop and Edinburgh College of Art have come together to offer 4 residencies for period of three months to any 2023 graduate of ECA School of Art.
Selected artists will receive:
- A 24 hr access studio space at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop for 3 months.
- Support and access to training from our technical team.
- Mentorship and support from our programme team.
- Full access to the workshop equipment and facilities (charges stills apply to machine fees and consumables).
- £500 materials and consumables budget
- 1 year’s Membership of Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop.
In addition, ESW can offer accommodation for 1 artist in one of our onsite apartments for 3 months, which enables an artist who has had to move away Edinburgh the opportunity to relocate here again.
The residencies will run from 29 January – 29 April 2024
The contact for this opportunity is Dan Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have graduated from any Undergraduate or Post Graduate Fine Art course at ECA in 2023.
Your application should be a PDF under 10MB and should include:
- Up to 500 words articulating your artistic practice.
- Up to 500 words explaining why the residency is important to you and how it will help you develop your work and career.
- 8-10 supporting images with details of the work (You can include links to your website and other works online).
- Identify if you require accommodation and explain why this is important. Priority will be given to applicants not resident in Edinburgh at the time of application.
Please indicate whether you received a Scottish Government Bursary towards living costs while you were studying. It is not necessary to have received a Government Bursary to apply but one of the residency awards is specifically reserved for a graduate who received a Government support while studying.
Deadline – Monday 12 June 2023 at 17.00
Email your application to email@example.com
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24hrs or have any questions about the award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: Isobel Leonard Shedding Skin, 2022, courtesy the artist