ESW/ECA Graduate Residency: Applications Open
Deadline – Sunday 26 June 2022 at 5pm
The 2022 ESW/ECA Graduate Residency the programme is now open to applications. If you will graduate from ECA in 2022 and need support to help you establish your career and develop your practice then you are eligible to apply.
Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop and Edinburgh College of Art have come together to offer 4 residencies for period of three months to any 2022 graduate of ECA School of Art.
Selected artists will receive:
- A 24 hr. access studio space at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop for 3 months.
- Support and access to training from our technical team.
- Mentorship and support from our programme team.
- Full access to the workshop equipment and facilities (charges stills apply to machine fees and consumables).
- £100 materials and consumables budget
- Each selected artist will have one event or public outcome at ESW.
- 1 year’s Membership of Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop. In addition ESW can offer accommodation for 1 artist in one of our onsite apartments for 3 months, which enables an artist who has had to move away Edinburgh the opportunity to relocate here again.
The residencies will run from October 2022 – January 2023.
The contact for this opportunity is Dan Brown, email@example.com.
Please take time to look at the information provided on ESW’s website about our facilities in advance of making your application.
You must have graduated from any Under Graduate and Post Graduate Fine Art course at ECA in 2022.
We are actively seeking to increase diversity across all of our communities so it is a high priority for us to train and employ people who are currently underrepresented in the arts.
The information we would like to review for each applicant is listed below with the requested PDF format. We can also accept information in alternative formats, for example an audio or video file instead of written text. Please contact us to discuss in good time and we encourage questions and early applications.
Your application should be a PDF under 10MB and should include:
- Up to 500 words articulating your artistic practice.
- Up to 500 words explaining why the residency is important to you and how it will help you develop your work and career.
- 8-10 supporting images with details of the work (You can include links to your website and other works online).
- A 50 word biography.
- Identify if you require accommodation and explain why this is important. Priority will be given to applicants not resident in Edinburgh at the time of application.
- Please indicate whether you received a Scottish Government Bursary towards living costs while you were studying. It is not necessary to have received a Government Bursary to apply but one of the residency awards is specifically reserved for a graduate who received a Government support.
- Deadline – Sunday 26 June 2022 at 5pm
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emma Hislop, Artist, Studio Holder and ESW Staff Member
Kate Davis, Artist, ESW Board Member
Calum Craik, Artist
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24hrs or have any questions about the award please contact email@example.com
Top: Quick photo, glazed stoneware, Becky Brewis, 2021,
Middle: Background/Backdrop~Forest clearing, oil on unprimed canvas, Maria Wrang-Rasmussen, 2021
Bottom: What if this never ends?, Charcoal on paper & charcoal dust, Joanne Matthews, 2021.
Featured: Staging a Gaze, dual-channel 35mm slide projection, Ben Caro & Kat Cutler-Mackenzie, 2021.