Become a Member of our community!
Members receive regular information about ESW opportunities, monthly Members Opportunities Newsletter by email, bespoke professional opportunities at ESW and elsewhere, and invitations to our dynamic programme of Member events, activities and ESW openings.
- Access to Workshop facilities and equipment at Members rate (currently 50% discount)
- Monthly Opportunities e-newsletter
- Access to Research Space for testing work or conducting meetings
- Access to IT Space and photocopier/printer (Session fee applies, charges for photocopying and printing)
- 15% discount on the Sculpture Courses programme
- Invitations to openings of ESW public events
- Dedicated Members opportunities and events
- Funding and application support from team members
- Discounts at selected suppliers
- Opportunity to share your project news within our Members Opportunities Newsletter and link to your online presence
- Access to Members Facebook page
Once you complete and submit the Membership form, you will be contacted about payment and to arrange your Building Induction, which is required before booking to work.
We sometimes have enquiries from people who want to work on projects which are not within contemporary sculpture practice such as: Joinery, furniture, kitchen or cabinet making; weapons; functional ironmongery such as gates, railings, stairs; car, boat or bike maintenance; stripping down items for fuel or re-use; mass production of ceramic items – our focus is on sculptural ceramics not table ware or jewellery; repair of household items. We are not set up for those activities as we have to keep our focus on what we are funded to do as a sculpture workshop. There are some other brilliant making facilities in Edinburgh where you might be able to work, if you need help finding them let us know. Additionally, if you are a neighbour and need some practical help, please get in touch.